There are many chances that you get mistakes in your adhar card may be it’s a printing mistake or Data collection mistake. Or it can be the Data entering mistake in the adhar application form. So, How can we do aadhar card correction? It can be done by Two Ways:
Method 1- Aadhar card Correction by post:
You can only change the following data while correcting adhaar card by post:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date Of Birth
You have to visit any other Adhar card enrollment centre for any other change despite the data stated above. You can locate the Kendra by the following link following link here. You have to attest the documents and proofs to get your adhar card corrected by post. You can use any type of proof issued b y government like PAN card, Driving License. For your adhar card to be corrected, You also have to fill a form with correct info and with all documents attested. You can get the form by here – Download Aadhar Card Data Update or Correction form for Request through POST.
Method 2: Adhaar correction ONLINE
How to correct aadhar card online??
With this option, Adhar card can be corrected and updated easily as its a less complicated. This is an online method with which you can easily correct your aadhar card details, follow the steps given below for aadhar card correction:
- You should have your 12 Digit adhaar card number handy and the registered mobile number for OTP verification. If you don’t have your mobile number, then your adhaar card can only be corrected by post, otherwise aadhar card correction online.
- You have to visit the following link to get your adhar card corrected – https://resident.uidai.net.in/update-data After visiting, click on update data.
- After that click on “Update Aadhaar Data”. A page will open, Demanding your Aadhar number.
- Now for aadhar card correction, enter your 12 digit AADHAR card number and enter the captcha in the text verification box. Click on send OTP. Enter the OTP verification code received on your mobile number and Correct the fields you want to get corrected in your aadhaar card.
- On the update page, you have to check/uncheck the field you want to be corrected and click on “Submit”.
- A new page will popup, On that page you will have to enter the data that you want to be corrected. Now, click on “Update Data Request” Button.
- After that you wll be taken to a page where you will need to verify the data you have entered to be corrected. After rechecking, just click on “MODIFY” button.
- After “MODIFY” button being clicked, You will come to a page where you have to attest your document proof it can be any govt. proof like Driving License etcThe data on the proof should match the values with the data you have given to be corrected in your aadhaar card and also that they should be self-signed (attested) It can be in any form, like img, gif or PDF. You can get your proof by cam scanner app.
- Now, at last you have to select any adhaar card agency from where you want your data to be processed. You can select the good one by seeing their previous ratings/works.
- On successful submittion request, you will receive a 12 digit URN Number, by which you can track your adhaar card updation status/aadhar card correction. It can be tracked by the following link –https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
- Do let us know in the comments below if you have any further queries for aadhar card correction. Please don’t forget to share this guide to help others too.
Using These methods You can easily correct your aadhar card mistakes and download the new aadhar card having Correct details quickly. You just have to make sure that you follow all the above steps given correctly respective of what method you choose to Correct your aadhar.
Thanks for reading our post on aadhar card correction, if you have any doubt on how to further update your card or make some corrections in uidai card then you may comment below and we’ll be happy to help you. You can also know how to check aadhar card status here.